- This event has passed.
Mariners’ Tales: Sketching Bristol
17/10/2019 @ 10:00:19/10/2019 @ 17:00200€
Straddling the River Avon, Bristol has a huge maritime significance. The harbourside, shipyards and iconic suspension bridge are just a few reminders of its history and importance during the industrial revolution of the 19th century. A vibrant and cultural city, there are sketch opportunities at every turn.
During this 3 day workshop holiday we’ll base ourselves in Clifton near the Observatory. From here we can study the impressive architecture of the Merchant Mariners and explore the city centre and harbourside. Suitable for all levels, in this fun 3 days you’ll overcome your fear of the blank page and explore different page layouts and alternating techniques for different subjects. Working with pencil, ink and watercolour we’ll go through the essentials of drawing in perspective, and how the use of colour and different tonal values can influence a sketch.
Sketching days 17, 18 & 19 October
Price for 3 days: £180
- We’ll meet in Clifton the evening of 16 October to discuss sketch kits and plans for the next few days
- 17 October: After a warm up sketch in the lovely streets of Clifton village we’ll be heading to the Observatory for an alternative look at perspective drawing
- 18 October: Time to go Harbourside for some fun with colour. We’ll work with washes and different techniques to create a vibrant story of the sea
- 19 October: We’ll sketch as we walk down the historic Christmas Steps to later capture the impressive architecture around Cathedral green
Sketchbook, Portable sketching stool, Basic watercolour travel set
Watercolour brush, HB/B/2B pencil, eraser, sharpener
A detailed materials list will be sent with booking confirmation or by request. Please email@example.com if you would like any further information.
There will be some walking up and down hills and steps, so please wear comfortable footwear and bring a waterproof in the event of inclement weather.
If you would prefer to make payment in GBP sterling please click here
- Annette Morris
- +33 7 86 14 16 39
- Bristol, BS8 United Kingdom