- This event has passed.
Sketching in the City of Light
15/11/2019 @ 18:00:18/11/2019 @ 12:0090€ – 725€
A wonderful 3 night sketchbook adventure in Paris. We’ll enjoy strolling through the streets without the crowds and exploring the city after dusk; perfect to learn the skills of night sketching and capturing the vibrant colours and atmosphere of one of the most beautiful cities in the world by day!
The tuition will cover the essentials of sketching on location, which is ideal if you are a beginner or lacking confidence in your drawing. You will learn how to use ink and watercolour selectively, quickly and with confidence.
Hotel Minerve is a 3-star hotel set in a Haussmannian-style building located in the 5th arrondissement – which is a great choice for travellers interested in history, art and culture. Notre Dame Cathedral is a 10-minute walk away.
- Friday 15 November: arrival and check-in. Over evening drinks we’ll discuss materials and plans for the weekend whilst doing some warm-up sketches
- Saturday 16 November: after breakfast we’ll head to the Ile de France returning via Place de la Concorde
- Sunday 17 November: a chance to explore the Champs Elysées returning via the Trocadéro
- Monday 18 November: departure day. A last morning sketch over coffee in Montmartre
Sketchbook, Pencil (HB/B/2B) sharpener and eraser, Fineliner pens with waterproof ink (ie. Pitt Artist Pen or Staedtler)
Basic watercolour set & brushes, Water pot, tissues, Portable folding stool, Glue stick
A full list will be supplied with booking or on request – email firstname.lastname@example.org.
(NB: bedrooms will be booked from 15-18 November (3 nights) and have a private bathroom)
- Single room: 526€
- Twin room for 2 sketchers sharing: 652€pp
- Twin for for 1 sketcher and 1 non-sketching partner (or sole occupancy): 532€
- Double room for 2 sketchers sharing: 725€
- Double room for 1 sketcher and 1 non-sketching partner (or sole occupancy): 600€
- Weekend sketching (no accommodation): 140€
A 90€ deposit is required to reserve your place. Balance payable by bank transfer before 5 November 2019.
Prices include tuition but exclude all meals, drinks, transport and travel insurance
Please note that this is a travel and urban sketching experience so comfortable walking shoes will be required, plus warm waterproof/windproof clothing in the event of inclement weather.
- Annette Morris
- +33 7 86 14 16 39
- Paris, 75000 France