The Sketch Languedoc! Summer Programme restarts 22 June!
The summer sketch diary has been in place for a while, and after many weeks of confinement and caution, I’m delighted to confirm it can now go ahead. Please check the calendar and do let me know if there is an event you would like to join!
If there is not a date/location in the diary that works for you, please email me. I often arrange workshops for private groups and if you’d like to work something out, I’m sure we can find a way 😊
As deconfinement continues in France, things here are rapidly drifting back to pre-pandemic times. Yesterday, President Macron announced that European borders re-open today, 15 June, and more will follow from 1st July.
In the local area many people seem to have stopped wearing masks, and some people are socialising like nothing really happened. However, the virus is still circulating in some areas of France and other countries such as the UK. With thousands more people now travelling into and across this area, I am not dispensing with the covid precautions just yet.
Fortunately when sketching, we almost always gather outside, and can usually keep a good distance from each other even then. That said, in the workshops we are in small groups where distancing is not always feasible.
At the time of writing and for the foreseeable future, there are a couple of additions to the usual running of things:
- I will wear a visor or a mask, and when it is not possible for you to keep at least 1m of personal distance between yourself and another group member you will also need a mask, so please have one with you.
- To minimise handling and sharing of materials, sketch kits will not be available on loan. However, if you need them, basic items can be pre-purchased and will be packed and ready for you on the date of the workshop – or posted in advance.
- You are advised to bring your own drinking water and a small packet of tissues. We often do a small sketch at a café so please also bring some loose change for refreshments. For work on location a small sketching/camping stool would be useful, if you have one.
- Each workshop will have a minimum and maximum number of participants.
- If you feel unwell or have Covid-19 symptoms, please contact me on 0786141639 and do not come to the workshop.
- If you have arrived in France from another country where the coronavirus is still circulating and in transmission, please isolate for 14 days before attending a sketching event.
It feels a little odd to have these new measures in place but they are, I believe, in all our best interests for the time-being.
I will be so delighted to see you! We can frequent some favourite sketch locations, discover new ones, and bring some creative life back to the café terraces that have been deserted for so long.